Follow the links for:
- Superintendent's Orders (park rules and regulations; 851 kb pdf).
- information about park use of closed circuit TV (security cameras).
- information on permits for photography, filming, and special events.
- fishing regulations.
- hunting regulations.
As of February 22, 2010, federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park. It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point, please visit our state's website.
- LRS Title 40 Section 1379.3
- LRS Title 14 Section 67.15
- LRS Title 14 Section 95.1
- LRS Title 14 Section 95.1.1
- LRS Title 14 Section 95.7
- LRS Title 14 Section 95.8
Federal law also prohibits firearms in certain facilities in this park; those places are marked with signs at all public entrances.
No firearms, whether concealed or carried openly, are allowed in any National Park Service facilities in Louisiana (Federal law 18 USC 930). Facilities include buildings, structures, offices, and locations where ranger programs are conducted.
For answers to frequently asked questions about national parks and firearms, click here.