Boy Scout Merit Badge Programs at James A. Garfield National Historic Site 2018-2019
Boy scouts seeking a variety of merit badges may participate in interactive programs at the James A. Garfield National Historic Site (JAGNHS) in Mentor, Ohio. JAGNHS is part of the National Park Service, and interprets the home of our 20th president James A. Garfield.
We make every effort to make available certified merit badge counselors at each program to discuss and approve scout work and sign blue cards. This is contingent on counselor availability.
Please contact Park Ranger Allison Powell at 440-255-8722/e-mail us for details and reservations. Note that the Citizenship merit badge programs ARE NOT RECOMMENDED for younger scouts who have not yet taken government or civics in school. Priority reservations for Citizenship programs will be taken for older scouts who are close to earning their Eagle Scout badge.
- Saturday, November 17, 2018– CITIZENSHIP IN THE NATION – 9:30am-3:00pm
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 – CITIZENSHIP IN THE COMMUNITY - 9:30am-3:00pm
- Saturday, March 30, 2019 – ARCHITECTURE - 9:30am-3pm
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 – ARCHAEOLOGY- 9:30am-3pm
- Friday, July 5, 2019- CITIZENSHIP IN THE WORLD –9:00am-3pm. Held in conjunction with our annual Naturalization Ceremony.
- AMERICAN HERITAGE – TO BE DETERMINED
Details on prerequisites will be sent to scouts once registered. There is no charge for any of the merit badge programs – the National Park Service provides these as a public service.