- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Visitor Center: Dune Park Station.
Walk/ride 1.33 miles south on the Dunes Kankakee Trail. Look for trail signs on the west end of the station.
- Calumet Dunes Trail: Dune Park or Beverly Shores Station.
From the Dune Park Station, Walk/bike 2 miles east on the Calumet Bike Trail (on north side of tracks) to Kemil Road and then 100 yards south on Kemil Road.
From the Beverly Shores station, walk 1.5 miles west on the Calumet Bike Trail to Kemil Road and then 100 yards south on Kemil Road.
- Dunewood Campground: Beverly Shores Station.
Walk 0.5 miles south on Broadway Avenue past U.S. Highway 12.
- Tolleston Dunes Trail: Ogden Dunes Station.
Walk 0.5 miles west on U.S. Highway 12.
- Indiana Dunes State Park: Dune Park Station.
Walk 1 mile north on the Dunes Kankakee Trail to the park entrance.
- Paul H. Douglas Center for Environmental Education and Miller Woods Trail: Miller Station.
Walk 2 miles north (left at Stop light) on Lake Street.
- Lake View Beach: Beverly Shores Station.
Walk 1 mile north on Broadway Avenue. Lake View Beach is just east of the the intersection of Broadway Avenue and Lake Front Drive.
The Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad stops at four stations throughout the park. The following park facilities are within two miles of stations listed. There are select trains on weekends that allow bikes. The Dune Park station is the only stop within the park that allows bikes. Check the South Shore website using the above link for more information.
Gary Public Transportation Corporation: Bus route 13 (Oak & County Line Road) passes directly in front of the Paul H. Douglas Center for Environmental Education and close to the entrance of West Beach. The Douglas Center and West Beach are located in the park's west end. Visit the website link above for current schedules and fares.