The South Shore Railroad stops at four stations throughout the park. The following park facilities are within two miles of stations listed. There are select trains on weekends that allow bikes. The Dune Park station is the only stop within the park that allows bikes. Check the South Shore website using the above link for more information.
- Indiana Dunes Visitor Center: Dune Park Station.
Walk/ride 1.33 miles south on the Dunes Kankakee Trail. Look for trail signs on the west end of the station.
- Calumet Dunes Trail: Dune Park or Beverly Shores Station.
From the Dune Park Station, Walk/bike 2 miles east on the Calumet Bike Trail (on north side of tracks) to Kemil Road and then 100 yards south on Kemil Road. From the Beverly Shores station, walk 1.5 miles west on the Calumet Bike Trail to Kemil Road and then 100 yards south on Kemil Road.
- Dunewood Campground: Beverly Shores Station.
Walk 0.5 miles south on Broadway Avenue past U.S. Highway 12.
- Tolleston Dunes Trail: Ogden Dunes Station.
Walk 0.5 miles west on U.S. Highway 12.
- Indiana Dunes State Park: Dune Park Station.
Walk 1 mile north on the Dunes Kankakee Trail to the park entrance.
- Paul H. Douglas Center for Environmental Education and Paul H. Douglas (Miller Woods) Trail: Miller Station.
Walk 2 miles north (left at Stop light) on Lake Street.
- Lake View Beach: Beverly Shores Station.
Walk 1 mile north on Broadway Avenue. Lake View Beach is just east of the the intersection of Broadway Avenue and Lake Front Drive.
Gary Public Transportation Corporation: Bus route 13 (Oak & County Line Road) passes directly in front of the Paul H. Douglas Center for Environmental Education and close to the entrance of West Beach. The Douglas Center and West Beach are located in the park's west end. Visit the website link above for current schedules and fares.
- Paul H. Douglas Center: East bound riders can get off the bus at the corner of 4th & Lake Street and walk about 2 blocks north on Lake Street to the center. West bound riders should ask the driver to stop in front of the center located on Lake Street between Birch and 3rd Street. If the driver is unable to stop in front of the center, then get off at the corner of 3rd and Lake Street and walk about 1 block north.
- West Beach: The east bound bus stops at the corner of Pottawatomi Trails and County Line Road. After exiting the bus, walk about 1/4 mile south along County Line Road. When you reach the West Beach access road, walk along that road into West Beach.