Special Use Permits

A special park use is a short-term activity that takes place in a park area and provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. The National Park Service may permit a special park use providing the activity will not cause derogation of the park's resources or values, visitor experiences, or the purpose for which the park was established. Primary consideration will be given to potential resource damage, anticipated disruption of normal public use, and previously approved permitted activities. Review the Superintendent's Compendium for guidance on your proposed activity prior to submitting a special use permit application.

A permit application must be printed and signed. It cannot be saved and emailed. The application can then be faxed or mailed to the park (contact information provided on the application) or scanned and emailed. Applications are not considered complete until all requirements have been submitted, including the application fees and liability insurance certificates (except for First Amendment applications).

Color photo of a bride and groom posing in front of garden gates with greenery behind them.
Wedding Photography and Ceremonies

Information on obtaining a permit related to wedding ceremonies and photography

Email us at the Special Events Office

Phone: 215-597-9205
Fax: 215-597-0042

Mailing Address:
Special Events Office
Independence National Historical Park
143 South Third Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Office Hours:
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday : By Appointment

Last updated: February 7, 2020

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

143 S. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106



Contact Us