Last updated: February 13, 2018
If you wish to plan a field trip to Harry S Truman NHS, you will need to know the following:
- Reservations are required by contacting the Park's Interpretation Division at (816) 254-9929. Groups MUST begin at the Park's Visitor Center located at 223 North Main Street, on the Independence Square.
- The group should a 12-minute film highligting Truman and his home.
- The group will then travel to the Truman Home where they will start at their reserved times.
- Due to Resource Protection, group size will be limited to eight (8) per tour, including teachers and chaperones, when touring through the home. Groups will experience some waiting time. To accommodate school groups and visitors coming from across the country to learn about the Trumans, we cannot accommodate groups of more than 24.
- Groups can visit the Noland Home, home to Harry's cousins, across from the Truman Home and explore self-guided exhibits. Restrooms and water fountains available.
- Groups are required to follow the Resource Protection rules that the Park Ranger provides before each tour.
- No fee is charged for school groups. An academic fee waiver, for those whose visit is part of a curriciulum based study, can complete this form: