If you wish to plan a field trip to Harry S Truman NHS, you will need to know the following:
- Reservations are required by contacting the Park's Interpretation Division at (816) 254-9929. Groups MUST begin at the Park's Visitor Center located at 223 North Main Street, on the Independence Square.
- The group should see a 12-minute film highligting Truman and his home.
- The group will then travel to the Truman Home where they will start at their reserved times.
- Due to Resource Protection, group size will be limited to 8 per tour (including teachers and chaperones) when touring through the home. Groups will experience some waiting time. Because of staffing and the need to balance the needs of all visitors, Harry S Truman National Historic Site can only accommodate school groups of 24 or less at this time.
- Groups can visit the Noland Home, home to Harry's cousins, across from the Truman Home and explore self-guided exhibits. Restrooms and water fountains available. The Noland Home is accessible from the rear.
- Groups are required to follow the Resource Protection rules that the Park Ranger provides before each tour.
- No fee is charged for school groups. Students 15 and under are free anyway...if the visit is part of a curriculum-based study, a fee waiver application can be completed to waive fees for teachers and chaperones. The form can be found here: