Wedding Photography at the Beatrix Farrand Garden of the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site:
Information, Regulations and Application Procedures
Thank you for your interest in having your wedding at our site. Please keep in mind that this is a National Historic Site and such events need to be carefully regulated to ensure the safety of visitors and staff, as well as the protection of cultural and natural resources. Please read the following information carefully – you are required to follow all federal regulations and failure to do so may result in the revocation of your permit. Please share this information with all of the members of your party.
- The Beatrix Farrand Garden will be available for weddings May through October
- Weddings photos are not allowed on days when there are other special events scheduled in the Beatrix Farrand Garden.
- The application charge you pay is a combination of an administrative cost recovery and monitoring charge (reimbursing the site) and a fair market value charge (paid to the Federal government for the use of the site). The application charge for weddings photos at the site is $100.00.
C. The Application Process
- While events are “penciled in” at the time of first contact, no event assignment will be made until the application process is complete and a signed permit is received by the NPS.
- Fill out an application form (NPS 10-930) completely, sign and send it with a check or money order made out to the “National Park Service” to the above address to the attention of the Special Park Use Coordinator no later than two weeks before the event date.
- We must process the application, evaluate the given information, generate a permit and have it approved or denied by the Superintendent. You will be notified if your application is denied. The application charge is generally non-refundable, unless the NPS cancels the event due to closures, other events or emergency staffing concerns.
- If approved, you will be sent a permit form for your event. This form must be signed, its conditions read and initialed and returned to us for the superintendent’s final approval and signature. If time allows, you will be sent a copy of the final permit.
D. Event Day
- Bring your permit with you on the day of the event to show the monitoring ranger. We will do everything possible to make your day a great one, but you and your party are responsible for following all park regulations and the conditions of your permit.
E. General Information
- The wedding photos party may include up to 30 people.
- Even with your permit, you do NOT have exclusive rights to the garden – other visitors are free to use the garden area and may not be asked to leave unless behaving improperly.
- Keep umbrellas handy in case of inclement weather- there is no shelter available indoors, nor are there any bathrooms other than those available at the Wallace Center during business hours.
- Please remember that the garden is full of flowers- and BEES! Find out if anyone in your party is allergic to bee or wasp venom and bring appropriate medication.
- The permittee should ensure that a member of the party has a cell phone in case of emergencies. Notify the NPS immediately if there are any injuries, damages, safety hazards or security concerns.
Please call the Special Park Use Coordinator at 845-229-7770 for more information.