The following types of activities require permits as authorized by Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations and are listed in the Roosevelt-Vanderbilt NHS Superintendent's Compendium:
- Collection of Research Specimens- Official representatives of a reputable scientific or educational institution may be issued a permit for the purpose of research, establishing a baseline inventory, monitoring or museum display.
- Agriculture, rights-of-way for roads, power lines, telecommunication facilities and other utilities.
Contact the Chief of Resource Management at (845) 229-1521
- Memorial - The scattering of Human Remains or Ashes
- Non-Commercial Solicitation - Asking for Donations
- Sale or Distribution of Printed Matter - Distributing leaflets, flyers, books, etc...
Contact the Special Park Use Coordinator Mike Autenrieth at (845) 229-7770