Southeast Archeological Center
The mision of the Southeast Archeological Center (SEAC) is to provide the best archeological and collections management assistance possible to national parks and partners. This is achieved by conducting and disseminating high-quality anthropological research and interpretation, based on cutting edge, multidisciplinary methods, technologies, and science. SEAC maintains impeccable ethical standards by reporting timely research findings to park managers, the public, and professional audiences.
SEAC fulfills federal requirements for the protection of cultural resources by performing archeological research, promoting education and outreach, providing collections and information management services, and offering technical support for national park units located in the Southeast Region. Additionally, SEAC provides interagency support to help carry out the Secretary of the Interior’s responsibilities to other agencies for cultural resources compliance, archeological site stabilization, resource planning, and public education and outreach.
- Cowpens National Battlefield Find Out More
- Life of an Artifact Find out more
- Congaree Swamp Woodland Find out more
- Civil War archeology at Andersonville Prison Find out more
- Junior Ranger Books Find out more
- Guilford Courthouse History in Maps Find Out More
- Mammoth Cave Web Application Find Out More
- Find Us in the Park
- Monroe's Crossroads Find Out More