Pets are not allowed in the following areas (service animals exempt):
- On all park beaches in Florida for safety reasons, this regulation is consistent with Florida State Law.
- On the north and south beaches of the Mississippi barrier islands.
- In the forts or visitor use facilities such as pavilions and visitor centers.
Please do not leave pets in cars.
Inside car temperatures can reach 120 degrees
in a matter of minutes, even with partially opened windows!
In areas where pets are permitted:
- Pets must remain on a leash, no longer than six feet, at all times.
- For health reasons, owners must clean up after pets. (Section 2.15-3)
- Pets are welcome on trails, multi-use paths, or on the park roads.
- Pets may be tied to fixed objects in the Davis Bayou or Fort Pickens Campground if the leash is less than six feet long, the pet does not annoy other campers by making unreasonable noise, and the pet is not placed in harm's way by such act.