Gulf Islands National Seashore could not operate without our Volunteers-In-Parks (VIP) program. Each year volunteers donate over 23,000 hours using their talents and expertise to assist the Seashore in our mission of conserving natural and historical resources.
VIPs can choose from a variety of volunteer jobs including:
- Assisting visitors in four visitor centers
- Working with Historic Preservation
- Designing and conducting information programs for the general public and school groups
- Removing marine debris for the International Beach Cleanup
- Answering phones for visitor information requests
- Campground hosting
- Assisting our Maintenance Division
If you are interested in volunteering in America's largest National Seashore visit www.volunteer.gov where all positions are posted. If you find a position you're interested in, fill out a volunteer application and mail it to the Volunteer Coordinator, Gulf Islands National Seashore, 1801 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563-5000.