Special Use Permits

A special-use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization, rather than the public at large, and that require some degree of management from the National Park Service in order to protect park resources and the public interest.

Special-use permits are required for events such as: weddings, ceremonies, First Amendment activities, festivals, concerts, cultural programs, sporting events, and public spectator attractions. You may download an Application for Special Use Permit.

Location Fees for Filming and Photography

For questions about special use permits contact the Chief of Interpretation at 406-846-2070 x. 226

Research Permits

To apply for a scientific research and collecting permit on the National Park Service’s "Research Permit and Reporting System" website, go to The RPRS website has information on the necessary procedures and requirements.

Last updated: March 31, 2012

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

266 Warren Lane
Deer Lodge, MT 59722


(406) 846-2070 x250

Contact Us