Founded in 1860 by pioneer stockgrower John Grant, succeeded in 1866 by cattle baron Conrad Kohrs and preserved 1940-1972 by Hereford rancher Conrad Kohrs Warren, Grant-Kohrs Ranch joined the National Park Service on August 25, 1972. Congress authorized this site's establishment to:
"...provide an understanding of the frontier cattle era of the Nation's history, to preserve the Grant-Kohrs Ranch, and to interpret the nationally significant values thereof for the benefit and inspiration of present and future generations."
Information on these pages will provide insight into the management of Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site.
Last updated: February 24, 2015