Record of Determination for Temporary Closure of the Great Falls Visitor Center during Construction
Below is a summary of rules and regulations at Great Falls Park. Federal regulations that apply to all units of the National Park Service, including Great Falls, are found in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 36, Chapter 1 (also called 36 CFR).
Rules and regulations specific to Great Falls Park and the George Washington Memorial Parkway can be found in the Superintendents Compendium.
- No swimming, wading, or rock hopping.
- Pets are allowed, but must be on a 6 foot leash at all times.
- No alcohol is permitted in the park.
- No wood fires.
- Vehicles are permitted on paved roads only. No motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails.
- Feeding wildlife and birds is prohibited.
- Collecting anything within park boundaries, including wildflowers, animals, plants, rocks, artifacts, etc. is prohibited. Help protect your park by taking only pictures and leaving only footprints.