If you have any questions regarding facilities that belong to the Trust, please call 212-440-2200 Monday - Friday.
If you have any questions regarding facilities that are managed by the National Park Service, please call 212-825-3045 Monday - Friday.
For People With Mobility Impairments:
The following visitor facilities are accessible to wheelchair users with assistance.
- Building 140 - Visitor Information and Bookstore
- *The Governors Island Ferry Terminal in Manhattan - The Battery Maritime Building waiting room.
- *The ferryboat from Manhattan, the Samuel Coursen.
Accessible bathrooms are located:
- *Building 110 - lower level of building - just to the right at the ferry landing.
- *Battery Maritime Building Waiting room.
- *Accessible Portable toilets are located throughout the island.
Please Note: There are no wheelchairs available to borrow at this time.
- *There are over two miles of paved streets on the island.
- The courtyards of Fort Jay and Castle Williams (National Park Service areas) are paved.
- Most of the ranger-led walking tours follow paved, wheelchair-accessible routes.
For People With Hearing Impairments:
A printed, self-guided walking tour of the National Historic Landmark District is provided at the Building 140 - Visitor Information and Bookstore on Governors Island. This will be to your left as you disembark the Manhattan ferry to Governors Island.
Please Note: There is no National Park Service film, video or audio-visual program about Governors Island National Monument.
For People With Sight Impairments:
Large print versions of the National Historic Landmark District walking tours are available upon request. Please contact the park at 212-825-3045 to ensure their availability.
Please Note: Information in Braille is currently unavailable.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the park at 212-825-3045.