The Grounds of Frederick Douglass National Historic Site Are Reopened
The Grounds of the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site are now open to the public only on Fridays and Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm, beginning August 6th.
The Visitor Center and historic home will remain closed.
The park will offer:
- Short, orientation talks by park staff from the porch of the Douglass Home
- NEW Cell Phone tour (Coming Soon)
- Download the new NPS App and look up Frederick Douglass NHS for “Things to Do”
- Junior Ranger Program for kids and youth
- Panoramic views of Washington, D.C. from the historic grounds of the Douglass site.
- ADA accessible Porta-John for restroom use
Facilities remaining closed:
* In addition, there will be no Ranger-led tours but visitors are invited to ask questions of the park staff.