|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Mike Barber, 252-475-9032
Several public information sessions aimed at educating the local community on the risks of wildfires are scheduled for later this month.
At the information sessions, the National Park Service (NPS), North Carolina Forest Service, North Carolina Coastal Reserve, and the Fish and Wildlife Service will discuss:
- Risks of wildfires
- Steps to prevent or minimize damages from wildfires
- Advantages of maintaining fire boundaries
- How fire boundaries are created
- Information on becoming a Firewise community
- Ocracoke Community Center (999 Irvin Garrish Hwy, Ocracoke, NC) Monday April 16, 2:00-3:30 pm
- Dare County Administration Building, room #238 (954 Marshall Collins Dr, Manteo, NC) Wednesday April 18, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Nags Head Town Hall, community meeting room (5401 S Croatan Hwy, Nags Head, NC) Thursday April 19, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Cape Hatteras Secondary School (48576 Hwy 12, Buxton, NC) Monday April 23, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Kill Devil Hills Fire Department, training room (1634 N. Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC) Thursday April 26, 6:00-7:30 pm
Information sessions are being conducted in areas where NPS has a boundary with local community.