• Collecting data on birds of prey at the premier hawk watching site on the west coast.
• Designing and conducting information programs for the general public and school children.
• Removing non-native plants, growing native plants, and working in one of the park's nurseries.
• Restoring historic structures such as a World War II barracks or a mess hall.
• Working with park scientists to protect endangered species like the mission blue butterfly and peregrine falcon.
Volunteer opportunities at Golden Gate NRA are as diverse as the natural and cultural resources of the park. History buffs, amateur naturalists, artists, students, gardeners and many more people have found a place to share their skills at Golden Gate. Each volunteer's contribution makes a big difference!
A Great Place to Volunteer
There are many dream jobs for volunteers at GGNRA...
Golden Gate National Recreation Area is a gem of the Bay Area. The park includes an array of resources unparalleled in the National Park System. Stunning forests, creeks, ridges and beaches. Hundreds of miles of trails. Rare plant and animal species. One of the most important collections of historic buildings in the country. And world renowned destinations like Alcatraz and Muir Woods, as well as lesser known but equally remarkable places. It is a park like no other.
Do you see your dream job? Do you want to know more about a job at GGNRA? If you have special skills or want to learn some, give us a call. All volunteers receive orientation and training. Come and join us!
Join the Park Volunteer Team
Be a part of one of the largest and most diverse volunteer programs in the National Park System!The National Park Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Fort Mason, Building 201
San Francisco, CA 94123