Please allow at least 15 minutes to view the exhibits inside the Visitor Center Museum, and 23 minutes to watch the orientation film, History Uncovered. The film runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The Fort Frederica Association bookstore in the visitor center features unique gifts and educational resources.
Ranger-led town tours are offered daily, depending on weather and staff availability. Tours are conducted at 11:15 AM and 2:15 PM and last approximately 30 minutes. A ranger will guide visitors from the Visitor Center and conclude at the King's Magazine and fort, stopping at town plots along the way. This is a 1/4 mile walk one way; be prepared to backtrack this distance.
Self-Guided Walking Tours:
Take yourself or your family on an adventure by touring the park at your leisure. Broad Street features excavated town persons' plots. It is approximately a 1/2 mile roundtrip from the visitor center, down Broad Street, to the fort and back. Listen to the cell phone tour or read the waysides along the route that describe life during the colonial-era at Frederica.
Please contact the group reservation specialist at (912) 638-3639 ex.107 to schedule a group tour. We request at least 14 days advanced notice for guided tours and special programs.
- The park film is close-captioned.
- Depending on staff availability, golf cart tours are offered to visitors with mobility impairments.
- A wheelchair is available for use. Please see staff member at visitor center desk.
- Picnic Area
- Dinghy Dock and Kayak Launch
- Nature Trails
- Drink Machine
- Newly Remodeled Restrooms
- Fishing is allowed at the dock during park hours of operation. Must have Georgia fishing license.
- Bicycle Rack and Repair Station