Please help protect your national park by observing the following regulations:
• Do not remove or disturb any fossils, rocks, antlers or any other natural or cultural items.
• Pets are not allowed on trails or in the backcountry. Pets are welcome in the pet exercise area, the Picnic Area near the Visitor Center and on paved roads within the park. Pets in these areas must be on a leash and accompanied by a person (do not leave pets unattended).
• Bicycles, ATV’s, and off-road driving are prohibited in Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument.
• Horseback riding is limited to backcountry areas. Horses are not allowed on any trails or in developed areas.
• Hunting and/or firing of any weapons is prohibited.
• No camping.
• Launching, landing, or operating an unmanned aircraft from or on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service within the boundaries of Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument is prohibited except as approved in writing by the superintendent.
• An entrance fee is required. Please go to the Visitor Center located at 15807 Teller County Rd. 1 to pay your daily fees or to obtain an annual pass.
• Park Hours are from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Summer hours are extended to 9:00am to 6:00pm. After-hours access is prohibited.
This is not a complete list. If you have any questions, please contact us at
719-748-3253. Failure to observe the above regulations can result in a fine of
up to $5,000 and/or 6months in jail.
Thank you for helping us to protect your National Parks.