Presidio San Antonio de Bexar (San Pedro Springs)
Presidio San Antonio de Bexar (San Pedro Springs), Bexar County, Texas
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, San Pedro Springs was an American Indian village named Yanaguana and may have been used as a paraje (campsite) as early as 1692. The site, known popularly as the Governor’s Palace, was the residence of the captain of the presidio until 1773, followed by the senior officer. Marqués de Aguayo began construction in 1722, but the date over the doorway reads 1749. Construction may never have been completed during the Spanish period. The present building is a reconstruction completed in 1930.
Time period: 1722
A Photographic Journey of the Trail - NEXT IMAGE