Gaines-Oliphant House, Sabine County, Texas
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the Oliphant House was built in 1818 and is one of the earliest pre-Republic, Anglo structures in Texas. The log house is the only surviving structure of James Gaines’ large plantation and ferry/tavern enterprise on the Sabine River crossing of El Camino Real de los Tejas. Gaines built the house for his in-laws.
Time period: 1800s
A Photographic Journey of the Trail - NEXT IMAGE