- Verify that all requirements are included in the Closeout and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Requirements checklist attached at the end of Division 01 Specifications.
- Review manual(s) for completeness following these procedures:
- Contractor: Submit initial copies for review and 4 final copies of O&M Manuals to CMR as specified in Division 01 Specification Section 01 78 23 (requires Construction Contractor to provide O&M Manuals before final inspection).
- PM or COR: Determine who will review O&M Manuals. Consider project complexity, CMR and Architect-Engineer (A/E) Designer expertise, and funding status.
- CO, COR, CMR, or PM: Review manual for completeness. If in error or incomplete, return one entire manual for correction. Retain one manual for temporary use. If manual is complete, forward one copy to Reviewer. Maximum 4 days to complete.
- CMR or A/E Designer: Technically review and provide written comments. Return copy of manual and review comments to CO, COR, CMR, or PM. Maximum 10 days to complete.
- CO, COR, CMR: If manual is not acceptable, send one copy with comments to Construction Contractor for corrections. Repeat steps 1 through 4. Maximum 4 days to complete.
- PM or COR: Prepare and sign O&M manual transmittal cover letter to Park and CMR.
- COR, COR, CMR, or PM: If manual is approved, obtain O&M manual transmittal cover letter from PM. Send letter with 3 complete manuals to Park. Send copy of cover letter with one set of O&M manuals to PM. Maximum 4 days to complete.
- PM or COR: Forward letter and manual to Technical Information Center (TIC).
- Note: If technical assistance is received from A/E Designer in step 4, work becomes part of A/E contract, along with references to A/E Designer. Procedures remain the same.
Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Manual Submittal
Last updated: November 9, 2017