Doing Business With The Park

Do you need a permit?
What kind of permit do you need?

four people taking pictures of mountains and salt flats as a man smiles at the camera

Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)

Photography and arts workshops, guided hiking, guided camping, bicycle trips and aid stations, transportation permits.

Photographer taking picture of desert gold wildflower during the 2016 spring 'superbloom'

Filming and Photography

Filming and still photography information for wedding photos, fashion shoots, documentaries, etc.

A man in a bright jacket stands above a crowd of people and speaks to them

Special Use Permits (SUP)

Weddings, commercial activities and tours, sporting events, and more require a permit.

pupfish being picked out of a blue bucket with a small net

Research Permits

To apply for a scientific research and collecting permit, visit the NPS Research Permit and Reporting System website.

a camper stands next to a tent in desert scenery

Backcountry Permits

Free voluntary permits for private (non-commercial) camping in Wilderness areas.

Last updated: May 21, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 579
Death Valley, CA 92328


(760) 786-3200

Contact Us