Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA) may be issued in the following conditions:
- A person who the superintendent deems qualified may provide suitable commercial services to
park area visitors.
- Suitable commercial services are services that:
- will have minimal impact on the park area’s resources and values;
- are consistent with the purposes for which the park area was established; and,
- are consistent with all applicable park area management plans, policies and regulations;
- For in-park services, the annual gross receipts must be less than $25,000; at this time, Death Valley does not issue in-park CUA’s.
- For out-of-park services there is no limit on the gross receipts. Gross receipts must be reported accurately on a CUA Annual Report and returned to the park no later than the 15th of January of the year following services.
- Death Valley currently issues CUA’s for the following activities; if your activity is not listed below please contact the Office of Special Use Permits to obtain a permit for another type of activity.
- Photography/Art Workshops, Guided Hiking, Horse & Pack Animal Trip, Backcountry Camping, Campground Camping, Bicycle Tours & Aid Stations (New in 2016 - Chose aid stations from list), Guided Motor Vehicle Tours (New in 2016 - replaces 4x4 and motorcycle tours), Step-On Guide Service or COMMERCIAL BUS TOURS