Stories of the De Soto Expedition
Accounts of the De Soto Expedition and observations of the Native Americans they met are contained in several books that can be downloaded by clicking on the title:
- The De Soto Chronicles contain the stories of the expedition itself and the life of Hernando de Soto.
- Los Sobrevivientes de la Florida contain the stories of the expedition survivors.
Recommended secondary works include:
- De Soto, Coronado, Cabrillo: Explorers of the Northern Mystery by David Lavender (1992).
- Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South's Ancient Chiefdoms by Charles Hudson (1997).
- Hernando de Soto: A Savage Quest in the Americas by David Duncan (1997).
- Hernando de Soto and the Indians of Florida by Jerald Milanich and Charles Hudson (1993).
- Hernando de Soto Among the Apalachee: The Archaeology of the First Winter Encampment by Charles Ewen and John Hann (1998).
To order these books online, click here.