State & Federal Harvest Regulations

The harvest of wildlife for subsistence purposes is permitted in the 1980 ANILCA additions to Denali National Park and Preserve. To determine whether you are qualified to hunt and trap in the park, and if so, where you can harvest consult the federal subsistence management regulations.

There are some subsistence fishing opportunities open in the ANILCA additions to the park. Consult the federal subsistence management regulations to determine if you are qualified to fish in the park, the appropriate methods and means of harvest and for seasons and harvest limits.

State resident hunts are regulated by the State of Alaska. State harvests ar allowed in Denali National Preserve according to state regulations. Often there are federal subsistence hunts and state hunts occurring simultaneously in the preserve. In those cases, you may not add harvest limits from federal subsistence and state hunts to increase your total harvest limit.

Copies of Federal Subsistence Management regulations are available at federal offices, at vendors that sell hunting, trapping, and fishing licenses or by calling the Federal Subsistence office at 1-800-478-1456 or by calling the ADF&G wildlife division in Anchorage at (907) 267- 2347 or fisheries division at (907) 267- 2218.

Last updated: January 21, 2016

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 9
Denali Park, AK 99755


(907) 683-9532
A ranger is available 9 am—4 pm daily (except on major holidays). If you get to the voicemail, please leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as we finish with the previous caller.

Contact Us