Bird Banding Demonstration
Partner with Crater Lake National Park
This collaborative bird monitoring effort is an opportunity to enhance your understanding of birds and their ecology, experience the collection of data for long-term conservation monitoring, ask questions about bird banding, and see birds up close.
|Tues, August 1||7:30 am||5:59|
|Tues, August 15||7:30 am||6:14|
|Tues, August 22||7:30 am||6:22|
|Tues, August 29||7:30 am||6:29|
|Tues, September 5||8:15 am||6:37|
|Tues September 12||8:15 am||6:44|
|Tues, September 19||8:15 am||6:52|
|Tues, September 26||8:15 am||7:00|
|Tues, October 3||8:15 am||7:07|
|Tues, October 10||8:15 am||7:16|
This is How to Register
- Review the schedule and select a date/time and a backup date/time in case your first choice is full.
- To register, call the park at 541-594-3100 no later than 5:00 pm the day before your selected date. OR, sign up at Rim Visitor Center 9:30 am to 5:00 pm any day before the day of the banding demonstration which you want to attend. Be prepared to give the following information:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- The number of adults and children who will participate in the program
- First choice of date and time
Once your registration is accepted, please review the What You Need to Know section above.
For Registered Participants Only
The morning of your scheduled bird banding demonstration drive to the first pull-out 0.6 miles south of the blinking stop sign near park headquarters or 3.2 miles north of the Annie Springs Entrance Station. There will be orange caution cones and the ranger waiting at that location. Please be prompt.
Please Meet the Ranger at this Location
Visit Klamathbird.org for public banding locations and times outside of the park.
Last updated: July 30, 2023