Long-term Limnological Monitoring Program (LTLMP)
The current LTLMP began as a ten-year study (1983-1993) to determine if Crater Lake water clarity was decreasing and to monitor and document the characteristics of Crater Lake.
The goals of the current LTLMP are:
- develop a reliable database for lake, springs, and seep environmental data
- develop an understanding of
- and, biological processes of the lake, springs, and seeps.
- continue a long-term monitoring program
- investigate the possibility of long-term changes in the lake
- and, if changes found, and human-caused (for instance pollution), recommend mitigation techniques.