Who needs a special use permit?

A special use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large and that require some degree of management from the National Park Service to protect park resources and the public interest. These special use permits must be obtained in advance and may require payment of a fee. Some examples of special events that require permits are:

General Permits

Special events, first amendment activities, and any potential ground-disturbing activities in the park require the issuance of a special use permit.

To Apply

Fill out the application and bring it to:

4001 Chesnee Highway
Gaffney, SC 29341

If using a GPS, make sure to select "Gaffney" and not "Chesnee".


Lat / Long: 35.13394 / -81.81455

Last updated: April 14, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Cowpens National Battlefield
338 New Pleasant Road

Gaffney, SC 29341


(864) 461-2828

Contact Us