- Fishing is allowed within Congaree National Park with a valid South Carolina fishing license. All South Carolina laws pertaining to licensing, size, and creel limits apply.
- Violation of the below fishing regulations could result in fines and/or seizure of fishing equipment.
- Fishing is permitted in all areas of the park except for the Weston Lake overlook and an area of 100 ft. around the overlook.
- Boats propelled by inboard/outboard motors are prohibited.
- To avoid introducing new, nonnative and/or potentially diseased, species to the ecosystem, please do not use minnows, amphibians or fish eggs as bait.
- To preserve this natural environment for future generations, drugs, poisons, explosives, electrical devices or similar means in order to take or attract game and/or non-game fish are NOT allowed.
- To ensure the natural condition of the park, do not dig for bait or chum for fish.
- Game fish may be used to catch game fish but must be included in South Carolina regulated daily bag limit.
- Fish only with closely attended hook and line, fly rod, casting rod, pole and line or hand line.