Consistent with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to our St. Croix parks - Christiansted National Historic Site, Buck Island Reef National Monument, and Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve - regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Because there is currently a high level of COVID transmission in the Virgin Islands, masks must be worn by all National Park Service employees, visitors, on-site contractors, concessionaire staff, commercial use authorization holders, and other partners using or occupying federal facilities, regardless of vaccination status.
We will continue to assess the situation daily, and we encourage people who choose to visit St. Croix and our parks during this pandemic to continue to adhere to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We encourage our visitors to St. Croix and our National Parks during this pandemic to continue to adhere to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Territorial and local public health authorities to protect visitors and employees. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. #RecreateResponsibly.
Current Closures and Advisements Remain in Effect Until Further Notice
- The Fort Christiansvaern parking lot is open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The parking lot is closed to the public on the weekends.
- All park events and permits remain cancelled until further notice.
- Fort Christiansvaern and visitor restrooms are open to the public.
- The Scale House and the Steeple are closed to the public until further notice.
- Eastern National Bookstore at Scale House remain closed until further notice.Park administration buildings remain closed to the public; please call park staff at the number provided for assistance with activities or questions related to park operations.
You may also reach out to us through our Facebook page www.facebook.com/ChristianstedNPS
We thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this period of uncertainty, and we appreciate your cooperation.