We thank everyone for their understanding and patience and cooperation during this period of uncertainty. If you have any questions please contact Supervisory Park Ranger Gabriel Laurencin, 340-277-6863 or Park Superintendent Gregory Camacho, 340-773-1460 ext 222, www.nps.gov/chri for additional information and updates.
Current Closures and Advisements in Effect Until Further Notice
Christiansted National Historic Site
- All park events and permits have been cancelled until further notice.
- Fort Christiansvaern, parking lot and visitor restrooms will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Eastern National Bookstore at Scale House will be closed until further notice.
- Park administration buildings will be closed to the public; please call park staff at the number provided for assistance with activities or questions related to park operations. You may also reach out to us through our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ChristianstedNPS
Buck Island Reef National Monument
Salt River Bay National Historical Park & Ecological Preserve
- Buck Island Reef National Monument waters will remain open to boating activities in open waters. All Buck Island Reef permits will be temporarily canceled, this includes both anchoring and mooring permits. NPS facilities are closed including picnic areas, comfort stations, moorings, and shoreline, beaches, underwater trail and hiking trail for next 30 days. The Park Superintendent has suspended all authorized concession boating operations until further notice. The NPS strongly urges all public boat operators to observe CDC recommendations and to maintain social distancing when boating.
- SARI Visitor Contact station remains closed from damage caused by hurricane Irma/Maria.