The picnic pavilion at the Carderock Recreation Area is a large covered pavilion, open on three sides, that accommodates a maximum of 200 people. The Carderock Picnic Pavilion is available by permit only from Recreation.gov.
No rain dates or partial refunds will be provided
- $250.00 for Monday through Thursday and
- $350.00 for Friday through Sunday, and on federal holidays.
- 30 picnic tables in or around the pavilion
- Four 110-volt outlets
- Two large grills outside the pavilion
- Large fireplace within the pavilion.
- Drinking water and comfort stations nearby.
- Adjacent field area for activities; sports equipment not provided, poles are provided for volleyball or badminton.
General Rules and Regulations
A more complete listing of park rules and regulations is available.
- Permit allows use of the pavilion between sunrise and sunset only. The park closes at dark, which is one half-hour after sunset.
- Only beer and/or wine may be served in unbreakable containers.
- Alcohol is not permitted outside the pavilion area.
- Catering is permitted, however no vehicle access will be provided to the pavilion.
- Caterers must be able to operate without running a generator or vehicle, portable gas equipment is allowed.
- Permission is required to post signs or banners at the pavilion or on the roadways.
- Trash must be picked up and the area left in a clean condition before departure. The park is a trash free park and trashcans are not provided.
- Fires may be built in established or portable grills only. All fires must be extinguished before leaving the park.
- Parking or driving on the grass is not permitted. Parking is restricted to designated parking lots and parking may not be reserved. Car pooling and/or charted buses should be considered for groups of 100 or more.
- No live bands, disc jockeys, etc. are permitted. Any volume amplification must be at a sound level that does not carry beyond the pavilion or interfere with the use of the area by other park visitors.
- No vending, gambling, raffles or collection of fees of any kind are allowed on park property.
- No amusement type rides and/or generators are permitted. (i.e. Moon Bounce, pony rides, dunk tanks, etc.)
For further information, please email the Fee Supervisor