Carderock Picnic Pavilion
The picnic pavilion at the Carderock Recreation Area is a large covered pavilion, open on three sides, that accommodates a maximum of 200 people. Convenient and ample parking is available for all attending your event.
There are 30 picnic tables in or around the pavilion and electricity, in the form of 4 110-volt outlets, is available for your use. There are 2 large grills outside the pavilion and a large fireplace within the pavilion. Water and comfort stations are located nearby.
There is an adjacent field area for activities of all types. You must provide the sports equipment, though poles are provided for volleyball or badminton.
The Carderock Picnic Pavilion is available by permit only from Recreation.gov.
Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. The cost for the permit is $250.00 for Monday - Thursday and $350.00 for Friday - Sunday, and on federal holidays. No rain dates or partial refunds will be provided
Here is a listing of general rules and regulations for use of the Carderock Picnic Pavilion. A more complete listing of park rules and regulations is available.
- The permit allows use of the pavilion between sunrise and sunset only. The park closes at dark, which is one half-hour after sunset.
- Only beer and/or wine may be served in unbreakable containers. Alcohol is not permitted outside the pavilion area
- Catering is permitted, however no vehicle access will be provided to the pavilion. They must be able to operate without running a generator or vehicle. The use of portable gas equipment is allowed.
- Permission is required to post signs or banners at the pavilion or on the roadways.
- The park is a "Trash Free Park" and trashcans are not provided. Trash must be picked up and the area left in a clean condition before departure.
- Fires may be built in established or portable grills only. All fires must be extinguished before leaving the park.
- Parking or driving on the grass is not permitted. Parking is restricted to designated parking lots and parking may not be reserved. Car pooling and/or charted buses should be considered for groups of 100 or more.
- No live bands, disc jockeys, etc. are permitted. Any volume amplification must be at a sound level that does not carry beyond the pavilion or interfere with the use of the area by other park visitors.
- No vending, gambling, raffles or collection of fees of any kind are allowed on park property.
- No amusement type rides and/or generators are permitted. (i.e. Moon Bounce, pony rides, dunk tanks, etc.)
For further information, please e-mail the Fee Supervisor Shaun Lehmann