Congress created the Park Advisory Commission to advise the National Park Service on the preparation and implementation of the General Management Plan. The commission is comprised of fifteen members from the key partner organizations, the local towns and counties, park landowners, the Commonwealth of Virginia, a citizens interest group, the National Park Service, and the U.S. Forest Service. They meet quarterly and all meetings are open to the public. Meeting notes and a profile on each commissioner are posted below.
Cedar Creek and Belle Grove National Historical Park next meeting agenda of the Park Advisory Commission:
- June 20, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Location: Warren County Government Center 220 North Commerce Avenue Front Royal, VA
1) General Introductions Jennifer Flynn, Designated Federal Officer
2) Adoption of Minutes John Adamson, Chairman
3) FAC Membership & Nomination Process Update Jennifer Flynn
4) Review of Park Foundation Document Priorities Jennifer Flynn
5) Park Operations/Projects Update Karen Beck-Herzog, Site Manager
6) Introduction of Cultural Resource Program Kyle Rothemich, Cultural Resource Manager
7) Update on Trails Strategy Karen Beck-Herzog
8) New Business John Adamson
9) Questions/Comments from the Public
Optional Fieldtrip to Bowman Hite.
Questions may be directed to Karen Beck-Herzog, Site Manager, at (540) 868-9176.
Park Advisory Commission - approved Meeting Notes: