Congress created the Park Advisory Commission to advise the National Park Service on the preparation and implementation of the General Management Plan. The commission is comprised of fifteen members from the key partner organizations, the local towns and counties, park landowners, the Commonwealth of Virginia, a citizens interest group, the National Park Service, and the U.S. Forest Service. They meet quarterly and all meetings are open to the public. Meeting notes and a profile on each commissioner are posted below.
Cedar Creek and Belle Grove National Historical Park next meeting agenda of the Park Advisory Commission:
September 20, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Strasburg Town Hall
174 East King Street
1) General Introductions Jennifer Flynn, Designated Federal Officer
2) Adoption of Minutes John Adamson, Chairman
3) FAC Membership & Nomination Process Update Jennifer Flynn
4) Park Operations Update Karen Beck-Herzog, Site Manager
5) Update on Trails Strategy Karen Beck-Herzog
6) Foundation Document Update/Notify: Priority Concurrence Karen Beck-Herzog
7) Prioritize GMP Next Steps Karen Beck-Herzog
8) New Business John Adamson
9) Questions/Comments from the Public
Park Advisory Commission - approved Meeting Notes: