Doing Business With The Park

Gatherings and commercial activities in national parks often require a special use permit. The purpose of these permits is to ensure the protection of the park’s natural and cultural resources, as well as to minimize conflicts between park visitors and your guests.

Examples of permitted activities include:

  • Commercial filming and photography (Not presently permitting) NPS Filming policy
  • First Amendment events
  • Weddings (and similar gatherings)

Some of these activities require an application fee, proof of insurance, and recovery of NPS costs associated with the event.

Download the Capulin Volcano Special Park Uses permit application here. Special Park Uses Application.

If you are not sure whether your event requires a permit or you have other questions, contact the park Special Park Uses Coordinator at (575) 278-2201 x230 or email us. Or, check the National Park Service Special Park Uses page for more information here: Special Use Permits

Last updated: October 26, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

46 Volcano Highway
Capulin, NM 88414


575 278-2201

Contact Us