Commercial Use Authorizations

The National Park Service requires specific authorizations for commercial businesses to operate in national parks, usually in the form of a Commercial Use Authorization.

A Commercial Use Authorization permit (CUA) is required before conducting any form of commercial use activity in the park. A commercial tour or service consists of one or more persons traveling on an itinerary that has been packaged, priced, or sold for leisure/recreational purposes by an organization that profits from providing that service.  A CUA is a business permit that authorizes companies, groups, or individuals to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services in Cane River Creole National Historical Park on an annual basis.

A valid CUA is required when an individual, group, or company, provides services that

  1. take place in the park

  2. use park resources, and

  3. result in monetary gain.

Businesses and individuals may not conduct commercial activities in the park without a valid CUA or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the CUA.

To inquire about a CUA or submit an application, please contact us.

Commercial Use Authorization Application

What Activities and Services are Authorized Through a CUA?

Cane River Creole National Historical Park currently issues activity based CUAs for the following activities:

Guided bus and walking tours

Traditional craft vendors

Food services for special events

All activity based CUAs are issued for up to one year. The CUA operating year is from January 1 to December 31. A $100 application processing fee MUST accompany your completed application before the park will consider your permit request.

Last updated: February 16, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

PO Box 925
Natchitoches, LA 71458


318-352-0383 x316

Contact Us