There are miles and miles of trails to walk, run, or hike at Cape Cod National Seashore. Whether you are going for a stroll on a paved trail near a visitor center, or exploring a trail on an unimproved surface proper preparation and equipment can ensure you have a fun and safe experience.
- Get a trail guide, you can download trail guides from this website, or stop by a visitor center to get a trail guide. There are also trail guides available at most trail heads.
- Check the weather forecast before you go out. Weather can change quickly.
- Wear proper footwear that is comfortable and durable.
- Please tell somebody your hiking plans. If hiking in a group designate a meeting location if you get separated.
- Bring water and food.
- Stay on the trail.
- On paved trails, keep to the right, be aware of bicyclists who are using the trail as well.
- Wear insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Consider wearing long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, this helps protect you from both the sun and insects.