- Always wear a helmet when riding a bike. The State of Massachusetts requires all persons 16 years of age and under to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle.
- Always ride single file to the right.
- Announce yourself when passing other trail users from behind, always pass on the left.
- Don't speed.
- Beware of trail hazards which could include; sand, standing water, bumps in the pavement, and low-hanging branches.
- Stay on bike trails.
- Biking off-trail is prohibited. (Except on designated fire roads.)
- Be alert for hills, sharp turns, and other users.
- Walk bicycles through tunnels and under-passes.
- If you riding an unfamiliar bike, check brakes, gears, and steering before riding it.
- If there is an emergency, call 911.
Bicycle accidents cause the most injuries to visitors recreating at Cape Cod National Seashore.
Last updated: September 6, 2016