The public is allowed to anchor by approved permit issued from the Superintendent under the authority provided in 36 CFR §1.5 and as per 36 CFR §
7.73 Special Regulations.
Please note these additional rules:
- Anchoring and mooring permits are being accepted.
- Free permits are available at the Danish West India and Guinea Company Building, located at the corner of Compant St and Hospital St in downtown Christiansted, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Special use and business permits are not being issued.
- Comfort stations are open for use.
- Parties and large gatherings are prohibited
- Pack it in, pack it out! Trash is not being collected. Please bring garbage bags and take your trash with you. Do not leave trash on shore.
- Maintain distance between vessels. Vessels should not be tied or "rafted" together.
More information in regards to anchoring being prohibited, with the exception for emergency or authorized administrative purposes or if a valid park permit is issued, can be found in Presidential Proclamations 3443, 4346, and 7392.
Other Current Closures and Advisements Remain in Effect Until Further Notice
Christiansted National Historic Site
Salt River Bay National Historical Park & Ecological Preserve
- Eastern National Bookstore at the Scale House remains closed until further notice.
- SARI Visitor Contact station remains closed from damage caused by hurricane Irma/Maria.
Please visit www.nps.gov/chri
for additional information and updates.