In areas CDC identifies as high COVID-19 community level, masks are required for everyone in all NPS buildings regardless of vaccination status. In most low and medium COVID-19 community level areas, masks are optional, but visitors should follow signs and instructions from park staff and volunteers. Visitors and employees are always welcome to wear a mask if it makes them more comfortable. Updates will be posted on this website and in the park to help you plan your visit. We encourage people who choose to visit St. Croix and our parks to continue to adhere to guidance from the CDC. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view . #RecreateResponsibly.
The public is allowed to anchor by approved permit issued from the Superintendent under the authority provided in 36 CFR §1.5 and as per 36 CFR §
7.73 Special Regulations.
Please note these additional rules:
- Anchoring and mooring permits are being accepted
- Special use and business permits are not being issued
- Comfort stations are open for use
- Parties and large gatherings are prohibited
- All guided hikes and public and educational programs remain cancelled
- Trash is not being collected. Bring garbage bags so you can take your trash with you. Pack it in, pack it out! Do not leave trash on shore.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Maintain distance between vessels. Vessels should not be tied or "rafted" together.
More information in regards to anchoring being prohibited, with the exception for emergency or authorized administrative purposes or if a valid park permit is issued, can be found in Presidential Proclamations 3443, 4346, and 7392. We thank everyone for their understanding and patience during these repairs, and we appreciate your cooperation
Other Current Closures and Advisements Remain in Effect Until Further Notice
Christiansted National Historic Site
Salt River Bay National Historical Park & Ecological Preserve
- Eastern National Bookstore at the Scale House remains closed until further notice.
- You may also reach out to us through our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ChristianstedNPS
- SARI Visitor Contact station remains closed from damage caused by hurricane Irma/Maria.
Please visit www.nps.gov/chri
for additional information and updates.