Pets are allowed in the park, but must be under physical control at all times. Documented Service animals are an exception to most pet restrictions and are allowed on trails and in public buildings. Service animals must be kept under physical restraint at all times.
* Pets are not allowed in any government buildings, caves or on most park trails.
* Pets are not allowed within designated wilderness areas with the exception of the Ponca Wilderness gravel bars.
* Leashed pets are permitted on gravel bars up to 25' from the water's edge.
* Pets may not be left unattended. Unfamiliar sights, sounds, and smells can disturb even the calmest, friendliest, and best-trained dog, causing them to behave unpredictably or bark excessively.
* Pet excrement must be collected by pet owners, and disposed of in trash receptacles.