|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Caven Clark, 870-365-2790
Harrison, AR: Due to the extreme dry weather event and in concert with county burn bans, Buffalo National River is issuing restrictions on the use of fires and smoking within the park. The restrictions go into effect immediately () and will remain in effect until weather conditions permit a return to normal recreational activities. As always, it is advised that all visitors and park neighbors use extreme caution with all fires. Park dispatch 888/692-1162 may be called for questions relating to the ban or to report fires.
- Open fires only at developed established campgrounds and day-use areas.
- Open wood and charcoal fires are allowed in metal fire rings and pedestal grills in developed camping and day-use areas.
- Charcoal, propane or other contained fuel grill use.
- Outdoor smoking is permitted, but smokers should use extreme caution when smoking and take extra precautions when discarding their butts.
- Except as permitted above, open fires or campfires are prohibited in backcountry and on gravel bars.