Weather conditions may cause temporary road closures along the parkway. Much of the parkway is located at high elevation, where the climate is colder and wetter than in the surrounding communities in the foothills. Please be aware that the parkway may be closed due to snow or ice, even at times when the weather at lower elevations is sunny and pleasant. Please check The Blue Ridge Parkway Road Closure Map (https://go.nps.gov/brp-map) for real-time road current closure/condition information.
- Linn Cove Viaduct will be closed until late May for repairs. Due to safety concerns, the road will be closed to all use, including cycling and hiking. A traffic detour will be in place from Milepost 298.6 (Holloway Mountain Rd) to Milepost 305.1 (US 221). The trail underneath the viaduct will also be closed. Additional info...
- The road between Craggy Picnic Area and Craggy Gardens Visitor Center will be temporarily closed to all use, including biking and hiking, on Wednesday April 3.
• Please check the real-time closure map for additional facility closures and updates.
• Otter Creek Restaurant (Milepost 60.8) south of Buena Vista, VA is closed.
• Bluffs Lodge is closed.
• Rocky Knob Cabins are closed.
• Dobie Mountain Trail at Humpback Rocks in VA (Milepost 6) is closed.