|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christopher Derman, (423) 569-9778
National Park Service staff will begin to remove tree debris from roadways, gravel roads and multiple use trails throughout Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. Major ice storms resulted in fallen trees across 60 miles of roadway. While routes are currently accessible, many trees and limbs litter and encroach upon road corridors.
Crews will remove all remaining debris and fully open established road corridors. During the project, all routes will remain accessible and open. Visitors should plan for minor delays while traveling.
The affected routes include:
- Alfred Smith Road
- Divide Road
- Duncan Hollow Bypass Multiple Use Trail
- Duncan Hollow Road
- East Bandy Creek Road
- Fork Ridge Multiple Use Trail
- Fork Ridge Road
- Gar Blevins Multiple Use Trail
- Guy Kidd Cemetery Road
- Hatfield Ridge Multiple Use Trail
- Laurel Hill Multiple Use Trail
- Stoopin’ Oak Multiple Use Trail
- Terry Cemetery Multiple Use Trail
- Terry Cemetery Road
- Twin Arches Road
- Watson Cemetery Multiple Use Trail
- West Bandy Creek Road.
Last updated: March 19, 2021