|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christopher Derman, (423) 569-9778
Contact: Christy StrandThe National Park Service announces that the deadline for the fourth annual Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area photo contest has been set for Friday, August 3, 2018. The park invites photographers to submit entries for exhibit at the park visitor center.
Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area. All photographs, except those submitted in the artistic category, should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of seven categories:
- Action/Adventure -- Photographs of people participating in recreational activities
- Artistic -- Artistic compositions in nature, both natural and manipulated in post processing
- Cultural -- Photographs that illustrate historic or culturally significant structures
- Flora & Fauna -- Animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae
- Youth -- Entries in any category by photographers under 18 years of age
- Kentucky Landscapes -- Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Kentucky park boundaries
- Tennessee Landscapes -- Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Tennessee park boundaries.
The contest is open to all photographers, except NPS employees and their immediate families and household members. Each person may only submit two photos into the competition. All photos must be in a digital format. Entries must be received no later than the close of business Friday, August 3, 2018.
Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form with all information clearly filled out. Entry forms may be downloaded from https://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/biso-photo-contest.htm.
Entries may be emailed to email@example.com or hand-delivered or mailed to:
Big South Fork NRRA
4564 Leatherwood Road
Oneida, Tennessee 37841
ATTN: Photo Exhibit
For more information on the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, please call (423) 286-7275.