|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christy Strand, (423) 569-9778The National Park Service (NPS) announces that the deadline for the annual Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area photo contest has been extended to August 7, 2017. The park invites photographers to submit entries for an exhibit at the park visitor center. The NPS is looking for striking digital images highlighting the spectacular views, historic sites, recreational opportunities, and diversity of life in the park.
Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. All photographs, except those submitted as artistic, should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of seven categories:
- Action/Adventure -- Photographs of people participating in recreational activities
- Artistic -- Artistic compositions in nature, both natural and manipulated in post processing
- Cultural -- Photographs that illustrate historic or culturally significant structures
- Flora & Fauna -- Animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae
- Youth -- Entries in any category by photographers under 18 years of age
- Kentucky Landscapes -- Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Kentucky park boundaries
- Tennessee Landscapes -- Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Tennessee park boundaries.
Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges’ decisions are final. Selected images will be printed for an exhibition at Bandy Creek Visitor Center that will open on Saturday, September 2, 2017. Selected images may also be displayed on the internet and other venues.
The contest is open to all photographers, except NPS employees and their immediate families and household members. Each person may only submit two photos into the competition. All photos must be in a digital format. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form with all information clearly filled out.
Entry forms may be downloaded from https://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/biso-photo-contest.htm
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered or mailed to the park headquarters at:
Big South Fork NRRA
4564 Leatherwood Road
Oneida, Tennessee 37841
Attn: Photo Exhibit