Unclear if you need a Commercial Use Authorization? Basically: If you accept any payment to bring visitors into Bandelier National Monument, you are commercial, whether you are non-profit or for profit.
Commercial use as defined by the NPS:
Guided Services CUA's
- In an effort to standardize the CUA permitting process across the country at all National Park Service units, there is a new CUA application. See link below. Please expect more changes in the coming years as the standardization process continues.
-This year, like last year, there is an administrative fee ($50) for all guided services CUA's. This is required by law, and Bandelier has made every effort to minimize this fee. There is no application fee for road based/transportation only CUA permits.
- Entrance Fees for Commercial Operators providing guided services are based on an entry fee of $10 per person, with all Inter-agency passes (Senior, Access, Military, etc.) accepted. This applies to visitors, not to tour operators owning passes. Details for this entrance fee will be provided with your 2017 CUA application.
- All tour guides that are sub-contracted by a CUA permit holder must be named specifically on the permit holder’s general liability insurance certificate and be on file at Bandelier.
- CUA permit holders are responsible for making sure that their company tour guides and subcontracted tour guides carry a copy of the permit with them when visiting Bandelier and are knowledgeable of and understand the conditions associated with the permit.
- When contracting transportation services, the transportation company must also supply a copy of their vehicle liability insurance certificate to Bandelier. All insurance liability certificates must list National Park Service, as an additional insured.
If your company is providing transportation services ONLY to and from the park (i.e., you do not offer guided services to your clients) there is another permitting option for you, it is called a Transportation CUA. A CUA permit is still required (Application downloadable below). The commercial entrance fee charged is in accordance with the standard, flat rate, National Park Service road based tour commercial fee schedule.
o Sedan (1-5 passengers) $25
o Van (1-15 passengers) $50
o Mini-bus (16-25 passengers) $60
o Motor coach (26+ passengers) $150
Download our CUA application here.
Download the Annual Report Form for 2016. This report is required every year and is due by February 1, 2017. If you had a CUA at Bandelier NM in 2016, this report is required before a 2017 CUA permit will be issued.
Download the Bandelier entry payment form for guided tour operators using park passes. All commercial operators offering guided tour services that will be using park passes to offset entrance fees will use this form when paying the entrance fees. Please have it completed before you come to the park.
For more information, please contact:
Fee Revenue and Business Coordinator
Bandelier National Monument
15 Entrance Road
Los Alamos, NM 87544
(505) 672-3861 x519
Fax (505) 672-9607
Where to park:
Parking is very limited at the Frijoles Canyon Visitor Center. Groups arriving by bus must follow a special bus parking procedures, click here for more information.
How to pay:
Advanced payments for commercial entry fees are not accepted; payment by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) may be made upon arrival at the park entrance station.