The National Park Service is privileged to care for this very special place and is well aware of the confidence and trust that our veterans' families place in us. Please help us preserve the dignity and beauty of the cemetery by observing the following floral regulations.
- Fresh-cut flowers anytime
- Metal temporary containers anytime
- Artificial flowers and potted plants from Novermber 1 through April 1
- Christmas wreaths and floral blankets from December 15 through January 15
- Flags when placed by the National Park Service fore ceremonies within the cemetery
- Artificial flowers and potted plants from April 2 through October 31
- Any floral items attached to headstones
- Permanent in-ground containers
- Breakable objects, plantings, statues, vigil lights, United States flags or any decorations that are not floral
Floral pieces will be removed from the cemetery on the 1st and 15th of each month or if they become unsightly. Park staff will hold removed artificial flowers and other commemorative or religious items that are placed on graves in violation of the conditions above for one month prior to disposal. These items will be held in the maintenance area.
For direct assistance, please call 423.639.3711 and press zero.