Each year, hundreds of volunteers contribute to the success of the Memorial Day holiday programs at the Andersonville National Cemetery.
The Memorial Day Flag Program begins Saturday morning and extends through the weekend so that we may properly honor the graves of our veterans. Over the four days of the holiday weekend, we rely on volunteers for assistance in the following tasks:
- Placing flags at graves Saturday morning (limited to 300 participants).
- Assistance with the annual program on Sunday.
- Cemetery Wardens to straighten flags throughout the cemetery on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Pickup of the flags from the National Cemetery on Tuesday morning/mid-day.
Courtesy the park's cooperating association Eastern National, a special patch will be made available to registered participants only, as a measure of our thanks for your assistance.
2018 Flag Program Information:
Groups can REGISTER to help with one or more of the following activities:
- Placing flags on Saturday
- Tending flags on Saturday, Sunday, and/or Monday
- Event assistance on Sunday
- Picking up flags on Tuesday
All activities are currently open for registration. To register your group, fill out a Flag Placement and Activities Form and submit it (following the instructions on the form) BEFORE MAY 7, 2018.