To do research at Amistad National Recreation Area, you must apply for a research permit through the Research Permit and Reporting System (RPRS).
When submitting a permit application, be sure to include well-labeled, explicit responses to the following questions, either in the online application form or in a separate document (e.g., research proposal) that you upload with your application:
- What is the purpose of your study?
- What methods will you use, including dates of fieldwork and location?
- How will the study likely impact natural and cultural resources? And how do you plan to minimize those impacts?
- How will the study likely impact visitor experiences?
- How do you plan to manage and share your data?
- How do you plan to manage your safety during your fieldwork?