Science & Research

Research Permits

To do research at Amistad National Recreation Area, you must apply for a research permit through the Research Permit and Reporting System (RPRS).

When submitting a permit application, be sure to include well-labeled, explicit responses to the following questions, either in the online application form or in a separate document (e.g., research proposal) that you upload with your application:

  1. What is the purpose of your study?
  2. What methods will you use, including dates of fieldwork and location?
  3. How will the study likely impact natural and cultural resources? And how do you plan to minimize those impacts?
  4. How will the study likely impact visitor experiences?
  5. How do you plan to manage and share your data?
  6. How do you plan to manage your safety during your fieldwork?


Last updated: June 14, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

10477 Highway 90 West
Del Rio, TX 78840


(830) 775-7491

Contact Us