Commercial Use Authorizations
A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) authorizes suitable commercial services to park area visitors in limited circumstances. The term of a CUA may not exceed 2 years and no preferential right of renewal or similar provisions for renewal may be provided.
Through the use of approximately 300 commercial use authorizations, the National Park Service, Alaska Region provides commercial visitor services that are appropriate for public use and enjoyment.
Laws, Regulations & Policies
- Public Law 105-391, Sec. 418. Commercial Use Authorizations .
- NPS Management Policies
- Firearms Information--State Laws & Regulations
- Firearms Information--Federal Laws & Regulations
- Compendiums for Alaska Park Units
- Revocation Policy (CUA)
- Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) Interim Guidelines
- Insurance Requirements (new minimums)
Application Forms and Instructions for Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)
CUAs may be issued for up to (2) two years (1 year for Denali mountaineering).
View these links for:
-List of Approved Commercial Visitor Services
-Group Size Limits for Commercial Use Authorizations
- Checklist for Submitting CUA Applications
- CUA Instructions - Please read the Instructions before completing application.
- Application for Commercial Use Authorization (Printable Version) Will be available Nov 1, 2016
- Application for Commercial Use Authorization (Fillable Version) Will be available Nov 1, 2016
- Supplemental Information for All CUA Applicants (required) Will be available Nov 1, 2016
- Application for Dog Sled Freight Hauling Service in Denali; Applications Due by Sep 18
- Denali Mountaineering (Additional Application Requirements)Will be available Nov 1, 2016
- Amend a CUA: Request form to amend a Commercial Use Authorization
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Supplemental Application Information - Will be available Nov 1, 2016
Reporting Forms for CUA Operators: Forms can be found at this link
Fees - CUA Fee Schedule and Payment Procedures
Park-Specific Operating Stipulations
The NPS conditions and park-specific stipulations by which CUA Holders must operate.
MAPS (click on link to view/print maps)
Doing Business With the Parks (CUA Related Info)
In addition to the Park-Specific Stipulations each park unit provides a website with additional park-specific CUA information, including park compendiums.