Abraham Lincoln Birthplace Unit
The Memorial Building is open 9:00 am - 4:30 pm eastern time with a limited viewing area. The Visitor Center and grounds are open 9:00 am - 5:00 pm eastern time.
Picnic Area at Birthplace Unit
- If the picnic has less than 25 people, the pavilion is subject to a "first-come, first-served" basis. No permit is required, but no space is guaranteed.
- If the picnic will have 25 people or more, a permit is required. If parking spots need to be sectioned off, we need to know in advance how many will be needed.
- Unauthorized banners, signs, posters, or similar items shall not be placed on the grounds, gates, fences, restroom building, trees, pavilion posts, or other park property.
- Picnic tables rearranged to accommodate groups should be returned to their original location before leaving the pavilion.
- Observations of vandalism, littering, destruction of park property, and the disturbance of plants and wildlife should be reported to a Park Ranger at the Visitor Center across the street.
- All litter shall be placed in the trash and recycling receptacles provided under or near the pavilion.
A cost recovery charge of $25 will be attached to any picnic permit in addition to the $20 processing fee.
The park is closed on January 1, November 25 and December 25
Abraham Lincoln Boyhood Home at Knob Creek
The Knob Creek Tavern Visitor Center is open seasonally.
The Boyhood Home Unit at Knob Creek grounds are open daily sunup to sundown. The buildings are closed for the winter.